Author Topic: I don't know what's happening.  (Read 347 times)

ItzAllie_

• Paw-o-Points: 0
    • View Profile
I don't know what's happening.
« on: December 22, 2020, 04:44:54 AM »
When my old FHN location stopped working, I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it into a new folder location. However, I come upon this, which isn't really supposed to happen. Nothing changed when I installed my addons, either. Can someone help me?

IMAGE: 

(Basically, my addon textures and all terrains are gone, and I can't seem to get them to show up in the game. I've also tried playing in-game, but the map is also black and my character looks the same there.)

I've been an FH player for about 7 years, and I grew very fond of FHN. I really, really don't want to stop playing it because of a problem, so I beg of someone to help me with a solution. It makes me really stressed out and sad that I can't play one of my favorite games.

UPDATE:
I just got my new gaming laptop for Christmas, and everything is working perfectly! Thank you to the users who attempted to help me too; I felt really good seeing I could be given help like anyone else. :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 06:21:09 PM by ItzAllie_ »

Leda

• Developer
  • Paw-o-Points: 22
  • i just love garlic bread
    • View Profile
    • my dA
Re: I don't know what's happening.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:43:56 PM »
hi there friend, we will of course try to figure this out for you.  I couldn't view your image upon copying and pasting, but can you do me a favor and paste these files into your main FH folder and hit replace?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/p38zsbxzt7g1tc2/FH_Fix_hopefully.zip/file

and then take this folder and replace the old one under the media folder?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/7jxu7xmuh4b2quo/media+and+replace.zip/file

What you're downloading is some game core files that could have somehow been corrupted, and then the terrains folder, which may be your problem if the terrain is black.

If these don't help, don't fret! At least the problem has been localized more.
message me if you ever need help or have questions, particularly with map making!

ItzAllie_

• Paw-o-Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 10:21:34 PM »
The files didn't work, sadly, but thanks for the help! I'm getting a new laptop in a few days, so I will probably not have any issues there, hopefully. Still, I'm kinda bummed out that I'll be missing the event because of this. Once again, thank you!

Vaynrat

• Patreon Supporter
  • Paw-o-Points: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 08:51:40 AM »
No one will be able to view that image as it is a local link, local to your computer and not online. Check out this thread for how to post images: https://feralhe.art/smf/index.php?topic=452.0

Icon by Raz/Draak (TEFc)

Leda

• Developer
  • Paw-o-Points: 22
  • i just love garlic bread
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 06:30:05 PM »
Rereading, did you say your addons aren't working? Because I don't think the new version is very compatible with addons on account of the updater system, unfortunately, a lot of issues can occur.  Have you tried a reinstall with using only basic things like legendary markings? 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 06:31:53 PM by Leda »
message me if you ever need help or have questions, particularly with map making!