Author Topic: Creative den  (Read 608 times)

DJYs

• Paw-o-Points: 1
    • View Profile
Creative den
« on: October 30, 2020, 08:19:23 PM »
Can the pre maker map be updated to have more than just a plat map to test pre maker character on and have trees and water and rocks and hills and flowers. Or can there in fact be a choice of having multiple maps to test your customized pre set on. I hope this happens. I’m also excited for the offline movie maker.

Vaynrat

• Patreon Supporter
  • Paw-o-Points: 53
    • View Profile
Re: Creative den
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:35:16 PM »
I can't see the purpose of having this in the preset creator, could you explain your thoughts behind what benefit this would bring to testing presets?

Not to imply there must be a specific reason for this sort of change, it's just... it's the preset maker, the focus is on the preset. That said I could totally see some sort of 'change lighting' option being really nice, just to see what a preset looks like in different lighting. Same for character creation, actually. The option to have the time of day changed to view the colors under different lighting!
Icon by Raz/Draak (TEFc)

DJYs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 09:41:50 AM »
The pre maker already has a day and night cycle. If you use the pre maker long enough without leaving you will see for your self that it changes from day to night just as fast as it does when your playing online.

We have both the map maker and the pre maker so why not be able to use them together. What I mean by that is what if the map maker allowed you to use the pre maker to customize what you want to test the map with so you have more options than just a plain lion character to test the map with. And what if I wanted to compare the size of the pre set to the size of meshes.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:58:50 PM by DJYs »

Vaynrat

• Patreon Supporter
  • Paw-o-Points: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 06:20:48 PM »
I am aware of the night and day cycle, however I meant more of something along the lines of a button in the UI that allows you to quickly switch "Day" and "Night" or "Twilight" or even adjusting light color by RGB sliders, haha

Thank you for clarifying! That said, I still don't see the necessity of it or what it actually adds to the preset maker. I also do not understand why you would need to compare the preset (the textures of the character, specifically?) to the size of 3D models/meshes in a map... you can compare that already with the default model when you run around in test mode within the map maker.

Thank you for being patient with my confusion in your idea, by the way! I don't want to come off as simply shutting down the idea, as my personal reluctance is centered in my confusion about how this sort of code-work and end product would benefit the community/game, and I'm just not seeing it. Maybe as a novelty thing, but... I can't see the use beyond aesthetic reasons. (Which isn't to say purely aesthetic reasons are not good enough to implement something, but the presentation makes me think that there's an implied usefulness to the suggestion, am I mistaken?)
Icon by Raz/Draak (TEFc)

Grim/BloodWinsAll

• Paw-o-Points: 7
  • R I P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 09:47:26 PM »
I would agree to see something like this but instead of running around just having some different "podiums" Ig to see it on. Sometimes people like to swap backgrounds to see what the preset looks like in different biomes it's why some character creation things have different background modes people can put.

It's definitely a preference and more of an aesthetic thing than something that's 'useful' in the traditional sense.

Sorry if this is jumbled I was having a hard time collecting my thoughts lol.

sig by Flurz
Dscord: Stormwlf#3070

DJYs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 08:32:56 PM »
I at least wish the offline movie maker would come out. The offline movie maker would allow us to talk with lip sync offline and it would also allow us to do dance moves offline with our pre sets. Would the offline movie maker allow us to howl or roar. Anyways I’m wishing it would come out for us to try regardless.

cattails

• Developer
  • Paw-o-Points: 19
  • ✨ mom said it's my turn on the xbox ✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2020, 01:06:14 AM »
oop hello! This might've already been posted, but just in case it hasn't been:
There already is a way to dramatically speed up the day/night cycle while in both preset maker and map maker. By default, pressing this key ] will speed up time, and pressing this one [ will return it to normal speed. It's not really a "change lighting" button, but it works to cut down waiting time if you need to check your glowing/shading codes.

Honestly, I can see the appeal behind changing the flat map in the preset testing area. Yes, you definitely don't really "need" more decoration when the end goal is to just see what your preset looks like, but it'd be kind of nice to have some scenery to look at while you're testing things out. It would also make it possible to take decent screenshots of presets while offline, since you otherwise have to log on and run through a map unless you're okay with a flat plane of grass as your background.  ;D

DJYs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2020, 05:29:46 AM »
Does anyone know when the offline movie maker will exist.