Author Topic: How to download Markings and Items! (+downloads) - 20/8/20  (Read 1388 times)

salem

• Paw-o-Points: 54
  • Never stop fighting for what you believe in.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
How to download Markings and Items! (+downloads) - 20/8/20
« on: August 20, 2020, 09:09:57 PM »
Need help download markings and items for FNxFHU? Markings not showing up in-game?
Well you've come to the right place!

In this thread I will go through each step to teach you how to successfully download and use markings and items in-game!
Please note that the markings and items were NOT created by me, and credits go to the original creators. I am just providing a tutorial and downloads.

I apologise greatly for the long post, but I can't yet spoiler-tag stuff (I will update once the forum-remaster comes around!)

How-To: Downloading and installing Markings!

1. First things first, actually getting the files! Downloads for markings can be accessed in a wide variety of places, but I've linked them here for convenience:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/67rf541rkh7051i/Legendary_Markings_v4.1.zip/file
(if you for some reason get an adfly link when clicking, select the link and then copy and paste it into your URL bar)

A mediafire screen should appear, click the green button to download. (do note that it may take quite a few minutes, the markings and items files are rather large!)

2. After downloading, open the file (either from your downloads folder, or from the bottom taskbar where browser-downloads appear)
You should be greeted with a file looking like this!

3. Now, disregard that folder, BUT KEEP IT OPEN! We will be using it shortly.
You'll now want to open the FNxFHU file, open another file-explorer tab, it can often be located in your C: drive, but if you've set a specific location for downloads, check there!

4. Now, go back to your markings download, and drag and drop the markings notepad/.cfg file into the main folder of FNxFHU
Like so:

(a pop-up asking you to replace a file may come up, accept it! This will overwrite the current items file to add the new ones)

5. After putting in your .cfg file, you'll want to find the textures folder, click on media > textures

6. Now, after finding the textures folder, go back to your markings download folder, and click on media > textures > markings
You'll be brought to a page with a LOT of files

7. With these files, press ctrl + A (this will select all the files in the folder), and then press ctrl + c (this will copy everything).
Now, go back to your FNxFeralHeart Textures folder, and press ctrl + v - This will paste all the files from the markings folder into your textures folder!
DO NOT just drag the media folder into the main folder, FNxFHU is an old version of the game that does not know to bypass the markings folder, which will result in the markings not showing up in-game.

8. To test if the markings have been downloaded and installed correctly, open your game and try making a new character.
If you've downloaded them correctly you will see a much larger range of markings to choose from, like so!

Ta-da! You have successfully installed markings!

How-To: Downloading and installing Items!
The process for installing items is extremely similar to markings! But I will go through the whole process again.

1. First things first, actually getting the files! Downloads for items can be accessed in a wide variety of places, but I've linked them here for convenience:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/necyiedage9hnne/Legendary_Items_v4.3.zip/file
(if you for some reason get an adfly link when clicking, select the link and then copy and paste it into your URL bar)

A mediafire screen should appear, click the green button to download. (do note that it may take quite a few minutes, the markings and items files are rather large!)

2. After downloading, open the file (either from your downloads folder, or from the bottom taskbar where browser-downloads appear)
You should be greeted with a file looking like this!

3. Now, disregard that folder, BUT KEEP IT OPEN! We will be using it shortly.
You'll now want to open the FNxFHU file, open another file-explorer tab, it can often be located in your C: drive, but if you've set a specific location for downloads, check there!

4. Now, go back to your items download, and drag and drop the items notepad/.cfg file into the main folder of FNxFHU
Like so:

(a pop-up asking you to replace a file may come up, accept it! This will overwrite the current items file to add the new ones)

5. After putting in your .cfg file, you'll want to find the textures folder, click on media > items

6. Now, after finding the items folder, go back to your markings download folder, and click on media > items
You'll be brought to a page with a LOT of files

7. With these files, press ctrl + A (this will select all the files in the folder), and then press ctrl + c (this will copy everything).
Now, go back to your FNxFeralHeart Items folder, and press ctrl + v - This will paste all the files from the items folder into your FNxFHU items folder!

8. To test if the items have been downloaded and installed correctly, open your game and try making a new character.
If you've downloaded them correctly you will see a much larger range of items to choose from, like so!

Ta-da! You have successfully installed items!

And there you have it, a tutorial on how to download markings and items!
I hope this helps at least one person add more customisation to their game! If you come across any issues or notice any typos in my post, etc. please don't be afraid to contact me!
My DMs as well as my Discord are always open for messages
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 09:16:39 PM by salem »

Artwork by WitzHouyl.

Folktale

• Paw-o-Points: 20
  • a massive joketale
    • View Profile
Re: How to download Markings and Items! (+downloads) - 20/8/20
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 11:32:38 PM »
Thank you so much for such an easy-to-follow tutorial, Salem! This should help so many people.

Feel free to contact me via Discord at Folktale#4698

Mill

• Patreon Supporter
  • Paw-o-Points: 14
  • tinyurl.com/ForChipz
    • View Profile
    • Site List
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 12:06:14 AM »
This is really awesome and a good tutorial + now I know where to link people! tysm Salem!

dreamwolf

• Paw-o-Points: 0
  • Nothing like cuddles on a cold winter's day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 12:53:05 AM »
wow thank you This shill help me with my markings not showing up :)
“You're the one who decides the end”

BuckCountry

• Paw-o-Points: 17
  • 𝑳𝑬𝑮𝑬𝑵𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑶𝑼𝑻𝑯
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 02:26:56 AM »
Ayy you posted it <3 This tutorial looks wonderful, Salem! Especially on the markings terms of things, this will certainly be helpful to new users unaware of the markings folder situation.
Livin' the dream in a city boy's nightmare

Buck#1307

salem

• Paw-o-Points: 54
  • Never stop fighting for what you believe in.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 02:38:12 PM »
Thank you so much for such an easy-to-follow tutorial, Salem! This should help so many people.
This is really awesome and a good tutorial + now I know where to link people! tysm Salem!

Thank you both! <3

wow thank you This shill help me with my markings not showing up :)

I'm glad I could help! :3

Ayy you posted it <3 This tutorial looks wonderful, Salem! Especially on the markings terms of things, this will certainly be helpful to new users unaware of the markings folder situation.
That's actually one of the main reasons I created this thread! A lot of users have been experiencing difficulties due to the current version of FNxFHU having problems with the markings folder so I wanted to give a lending hand

Artwork by WitzHouyl.

Variant

• Paw-o-Points: 0
  • "It's just a game"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 03:51:27 AM »
You're a life saver tysm!